Here are 10 Fertility Tips for Men. Although a woman will carry and deliver the baby, a man also has a crucial role in pregnancy. In order for fertilisation to occur naturally, the sperm must be healthy and strong to reach
and penetrate the woman’s egg.
Myth: Infertility only affects women.
Fact: Infertility affects both men and women
- Lose Weight: An ideal BMI increases testosterone, improving sperm count and libido.
- Reduce Smoking: Smoking has been proven to reduce one’s fertility.
- Take A Break from Biking: Biking over 12 hours per week puts added stress on testis.
- Skip the Hot Tub: Your sperms need to stay cool to perform their best.
- Keep the Laptop off the Lap: Heat raises sperm temperature and reduces sperm count.
- Acupuncture: It may improve sperm count and quality.
- Skip Lubricant During Sex: Non-fertility friendly lubricant makes it harder for sperm to swim and may even kill them.
- Watch a Sexy Movie: It boosts testosterone and improves quality & number of sperm.
- Have Sex Once a Day: Especially during ovulation – abstinence over one day decreases sperm mobility.
- Reduce Alcohol Intake: Excessive alcohol intake has been proven to decrease sperm motility, shape and quality.
Have you had your sperm checked?
If not, get in touch and book a Semen Analysis today.